* Xen virtualisation software and yum package manager are now well integrated within the Fedora installer. The installer interface is more streamlined. Remote logging and improved support for tracebacks is included.
* Pup, a graphical updater using yum, has replaced rhn-applet.
* GNOME 2.12 and KDE 3.4 desktop environments are available.
* GNOME Power Manager and GNOME Screensaver are available as a technology preview within this release.
* OpenOffice.org 2.0 final release is included. OpenOffice.org now uses system versions for many of the libraries leading to increased performance and efficiency.
* Xorg X11R7 release candidate 2 has been included in this release. This is the first modular version, which helps in providing additional features and bug fixes at a faster pace.
* Kernel 2.6.14 is included. Software suspend is enabled in this release.
* SCIM has replaced IIMF in Fedora Core in this release.
* There are changes in the animated mouse cursor theme.
* Fedora Project now has a new logo.
Hopefully it won't have the "Bloated Evlis" feel that FC3 and FC4 have. Even on a fast machine, FC3 and FC4 seemed to run a bit clunky.